Transfer Students Within California, Enrolled 2006-2017

Most incoming transfer students have already satisfied the Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR) and C1 requirements, and many have already satisfied C2. Any transfer student who has satisfied IGETC has already satisfied these requirements. Transfers who have not satisfied ELWR or C1 should plan on taking the Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE) prior to starting classes at UCSC. For fall admits, this will be the September AWPE; for winter admits, this will be the January AWPE; for spring admits, this will be the March AWPE. The date of next scheduled campus-administered AWPE can be found in the Announcements section of the Writing Program's home page.

Students who have satisfied the ELWR and C1 should enroll in Writing-2 to satisfy their C2 requirement.

Please note that although there is an articulation agreement between UCSC and California community colleges, there are no other articulation agreements for other institutions. If you have taken a class at an institution other than a California community college, and you believe it will satisfy the C1 or C2 requirement based on the C1/C2 academic objectives, speak to your college adviser for options.